Cheese with new toy--

Discussion in 'Cheese' started by beerbelly, Jan 20, 2010.

1. beerbelly

beerbelly Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Just got this in the mail today. So boy did I try it out. Got my fingers crossed. Had my 2.5 year old grand son over to baby set. Man does he ever have energy. lol So I stayed pretty busy all afternoon.

Came a long way to get to my house--

came with some dust--

missed a bunch of pics due to babysetting--

you can see the thin smoke in the above pic, this was right as I was going to stop smoking, just around 3 hours--

did a bunch of cheeses--

this shows how far 3 hours of burning and smoking went , could of smoked 10 more hours I think--

Let them set about an hour, then vac sealed and into the fridge for a couple of weeks. They set oak dust with it, but I ordered some apple from a different site and used it today. My temp in the MES stayed at 59 or 60 degrees the whole smoke. The dust burner worked perfect. I got a feeling I am going to love this little duster.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. meat hunter

meat hunter Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

OMG, all that cheese looks fantastic. The hardest part of smoking cheese?.....
    The wait till one can eat em. Looks great, job well done.[​IMG]

3. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Chees Looks Great, I am going to smoke some later this week...

4. brohnson

brohnson Smoking Fanatic

Awesome job!

5. timtimmay

timtimmay Action Team

That looks great! Looks like something that could be home built if a guy wanted to try. What was the cost on it?

6. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Now that as cool a contraption as I've seen in awhile! Fine looking cheese too. My wife won't eat smoked cheese so I haven't bothered to do any just for myself. Might try it if I had something like that.[​IMG]

7. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hmm that is new to me. I might have to look into one of those. Right now I just do the old soldering gun in the tin can trick.

8. bandcollector

bandcollector Master of the Pit OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Exactly how does the cold smoke generator work?

9. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Now thats a neat smoker. Great job on the cheese, I have some in the smoker right now, my first try.

10. beerbelly

beerbelly Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Here is the link--http://www.macsbbq.co.uk/CSG.html

Total cost was $ 43.28
    It is very well made, sturdy, should last a long time. If you like smoked cheese it would pay for itself very quickly.

11. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Going by the temp you stated, you made a great purchase of a cold smoker. The cheese looks great. Points to you my friend.

12. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

13. 1adam12

1adam12 Fire Starter

hey thanks for the info just ordered one myself

14. deserttoad

deserttoad Smoke Blower

I've used the 2 briquet method in my wsm, but just ordered one of these as well. Will certainly pay for itself after just a few loads of cheese, and not fighting the temp spikes will be wonderful.

Where has anyone bought other flavors of dust?

thanks.