Cheese Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 29, 2006
Peculiar, MO
I smoked 8 lbs. of cheese in the CharGriller Duo. Used 4 Sam's Choice briquets, they are a good bit larger than standard briquets and cheese smoking is the only time I use briquets. Got them lit and laid a small piece of hickory on top for smoke, added another each time the smoke died. This works really well and gives absolutely no heat. Ambient temp. was 43°F, light breeze. 2 hours and it was smoked. Check the thin blue.
Did 5 lbs. medium cheddar, 2 lbs. Colby/Monterey Jack and 1 lb. mozzarella. I share with the neighbors. Vac sealed all with the Food Saver, that increases the smoky flavor.
Smoked cheese eats fine with smoked baloney, snack crackers and "something cool to drink". Gonna use the mozzarella on pizza.
e76f923d_vbattach17072.jpg

3ab8beaf_vbattach17071.jpg

f7739dea_vbattach17070.jpg

d8ce99cf_vbattach17069.jpg

Looks great!, Have to try that idea! Last time I tried, she crept up over 100 degrees on me and the cheese sunk in the the grate a bit too much.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky