checking internal temps on sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

is there a better way to check the internal temps on sausage while smoking, with a quick read pin. other than pricking a hole in the casting and letting all those good juices run out, that is the reason why you put it in a casting anyway.

dannylang
Danny I put the probe in the sausage then hang them.I do not have any of that nice juicy fat come out.

The probe on the left is in the Kielbasa.

Richie

I use either my I Grill or "Taylor" type external thermometers. so I stick probes in the various sausages (from the top down, now edited)  and then you don't need to pull them until your done. then no need to worry about leaking.

Keep On Smokin,

Tom 

Last edited:
I hang sausage and stick it top down. Stays in start to finish unless going in a water bath to finish or cool. Not much is lost...JJ

I use either my I Grill or "Taylor" type external thermometers. so I stick probes in the various sausages (from the top down, now edited)  and then you don't need to pull them until your done. then no need to worry about leaking.

Keep On Smokin,

Tom 
Thanks JJ for the great catch on removing prior to water bath and reminding me I had not clarified where the probes were placed. I have since edited my reply.

Tom

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky