Checkin' in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

charles1056

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Tyler, TX
Newbies just checking in to say hello. Just getting starting in smoking with a Smokey Hollow upright propane smoker. Smoked my first brisket yesterday and it was pretty good.

Welcome to the SMF Family
icon_exclaim.gif

If you stick around here & ask questions your pretty good will soon be fantastic.

Check out jeff's 5-day ecourse too

Hi Charles,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first successful brisket. I am sure it will be the first of many. Enjoy it here, lots of helpful people here willing to share their expertise.

Howdy:

Good to have you on board. I know you will enjoy yourself and find a lot of useful information. Show us a Q-View of your next smoke.

Skip

Welcome. As a newbie myself I can tell you that you will definitly learn alot from the people here. One thing you will learn is how nice and friendly and helpful everyone here is. If you have a question and you think it is the stupidist most rookie thing to ask these people, ASK IT!!! I haven't found anyone here to make fun or degrade you for being a newbie and joining in. This is an awesome site to be on and awesome people to make friends with. I have been a member for several weeks now and have been here almost everyday, wife thinks im totally NUTS, but here you won't get that. You actually find good people who are as ATE UP with smoking and grilling as you are. And if your not ATE UP with it, trust me you stay here long enough and you will be!!!!

The e-course is very helpful and highly recommended, along with Jeff's Rub recipe if you haven't got it yet.

Welcome and enjoy.
Daniel

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky