check this out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 5, 2007
standing over the pit- kentucky
it's a local comp. but ya can cook anything ya can get done between 6am set up & 1pm judging... should i do fatties(they won't know what hit 'em) & 3-2-1 ribs??? noone here has a clue what a fatty is so i thought i'd make another "centipede" for presentation. it's a "good ol' boy" kinda thing i'm sure- but i can blow some minds as all the bbq around here s*cks... oops... lacks the integrity & love we all show our cooking. http://www.glasgow-ky.com/globalfest/bbq.pdf p.s. all the local bbq places are only open wed-sun. how do you run a successful restaurant venture like that ???? this is the craziest place i ever lived in ....

It's funny how the longer you smoke the worse the commercial BBQ joints taste. Except Smokin' Joes of course!
biggrin.gif

Fatties and 3-2-1 ribs sounds like an awesome plan!! You will sort of be representing the SMF!! Go get em' gypsyseagod!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif

i fergot... maybe i should throw in sone abt s to "cleanse their palates"......whaddaya think ? i will have some cards w/ this web addy on them....just to 'enlighten" people & enthusiasts.

gsg: if you can, toss some bacon wrapped boneless chicken thighs in the mix too. Do SMF proud!!

ok. i'm going w/ abt,fatty(2 kinds),dutch's wicked baked beans,roasted corn,3-2-1- ribs,bacon wrapped boneless thighs,and my very own huli huli chicken(chix w/ brown sugar,molasses,& crushed pineapple bbq sauce).that should do smf proud & make for a full smoker.

just talked to the promoter & you can cook anything you like,no formal presentation(as in kcbs rules),judging will be done by "outside" restauranteurs,and you can sell to the general public from 11am -6pm.even if i can't win this thing it will be great advertisement. i also gave him our website here and he definitely liked the idea of abt & fatty ( i didn't give too much info away). now i'm stoked about this and need to get my vinyl banner,brochures,& setup(tent) done pdq.

was just thinking i may have to do a couple meatloafs to turn in & giveaway, just fer snitz & giggles cause these people just don't know....smf has so many great "secrets" the outside world needs to know about.... just think- win place or show w/ smoked meatloaf... thats like a bbq fork in the eye.....
PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky