Check list for Competition

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cheech

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 19, 2005
Beautiful Grand Rapids Michigan
In Aug I am planning on being in my first competition. It is a small church BBQ event but bragging rights are up for grabs.

Does anyone have a check list that they use for competitions for items that they do not want to forget to bring along with them?

Here is a start Cheech. I will bring an extra copy of mine next week.

Smoker
Charcoal
Wood Chunks
Gloves-fire
Shovel
Ash Bin
Newspaper-starting coals
Charcoal Chimneys-2
Scraper-cleaning
Bucket-water drain
Rack Scraper
Fire Ext

Area
Canopy
-Weights
Tables
Chairs
Yahtzee
Table clothes
Trash can
Plastic bags(trash)
Paper Towels
Tongs
Cutting board
Knives
Foil
Radio-(with Mp3 player)
Water Hose
Electric Cord
Insulated Gloves(pull pork)
Rubber gloves
Bus Tubs(cleaning)
-Detergent
-Disenfective

Meats Plus
Brisket
Pork Shoulder
Ribs
Chicken-
Rubs
Mustard
Brush
Spray bottle( mop juice)
BBQ Sauce

Ice Chest-3
-Ice
Zip Lock Bags
Thermometor
Garnish

Later on
Banner
Tshirts
10x20 Canopy
Compressor

I am going to try and attach the checklist that I use. It is in Word format, so you can add, delete, or modify items to suit your needs.

Hope it helps you as it has me.

This is the original, not my modified one. Everyone has his/her own tastes, so enjoy.

Ok, it will only allow me to upload 19.5K, and it is 45K, so if you want it, email me and I will send it to you. Just be sure and tell me you want the checklist file.

Bill

Sure, now ya tell me you have a great list.....
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

Cheech, looks like you have the list covered. I just wanted to wish ya luck and remind you to throw the camera on that list if it's not there already. Also, keep us posted on how you did and lessons learned.

KE

Lol Mike....I guess I should put Bud on the list
icon_razz.gif
That list was copied so I'm not sure what you would need a compressor for either......interesting question though, now you got me wondering why anyone would need one??

Ok, I was gonna let this golden opportunity slide by, but since it kinda came up anyway in another thread..............perhaps the compressor is for the final step in preparing Bud's now almost world famous salad ribs.
icon_surprised.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Ok, I'll go to my room now.
redface.gif

Sorry I can't play in this thread.. I've already been sent to my room
icon_evil.gif

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself... Maybe it is to fill the tires on the smoker...?
confused.gif
No wait, it's for the blow-up doll...!
eek.gif
Better add that to the list as well...
icon_mrgreen.gif

OMG....LMAO.....I didn't know a picture of this excisted for prosperity....HeHeHeHe, Bud's gonna freak
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

It did at the Gathering......
tongue.gif

Don't believe for a second that there aren't more... I told the evil one that put me up to it (
icon_evil.gif
) that I needed to save some - just in case.
wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky