Cheap Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke_chef

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 22, 2008
Marble Falls, AR
Hello all,

I don't know if anyone is interested but... I saw at Wally World today they have some fresh turkey left over from Easter on sale. I bought a 12 pound fresh turkey for .89 cents a pound. That saved about 5 bucks from the original cost. The guy said they only do fresh turkeys at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. When these are gone, they are gone for a while. Now... maybe getting it fresh isn't that big of a deal but I figure fresh is always better than not fresh. No? Plus, .89 cents seems like cheap meat.

I hope to smoke my bird Thursday. I'll post results and q-view.

Thats a good deal chef. Glad you were able to take advantage of the sale.

Dont forget the OJ brine...cant wait to see the q-view.
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

Yup but I a grain of salt kinda guy from wally.just a me thing.

I've bought alot ot Turkey's at our local wally, never been dissatisfied, bought the one for Easter at our local Hy-Vee, fresh 12 pounder to fry, thing didn't hardly have any meat on it! Was hopin there was gonna be enough to feed everybody, glad we had a ham to.

89cents great buy always had good ones from wally or sams buy em cook one freeze the rest good stuff maynerd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky