Chat link

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shooterrick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 13, 2008
South Louisiana
Can we put a direct link for chat on the main page of the forum?  My link sometimes works and sometimes doesnt weather I reregistar or not from any of 2 computers in myh house. 

cool.gif

That would be nice to have again. Go Jeff

I used the link jerry but when I log in all I get is a blank white page.  Hmmmm.  This is what happens with either my new or old computer.

As much as I really hate to complain here, I have to Amity that chat is one of my favorite spots here on SMF and for the last few weeks it's been hit or miss if I can get on or not. To be honest, I'm frustrated to the point that I'm about to stop trying.

I hope Jeff can find a solution to this soon, I have a bunch of buds that I miss chatting with.

Brain, your link didn't work for me last night after you posted it but it seems to work now. Go figure.

Jeff--Jeff--He's our man, If he can't do it Nobody Can !

Don't mind me, football season is coming up!

Bear

OK, I just tried to get into chat. Used Brian's link and entered user name and password. Did not get any error of wrong pw or user name.

Got a blue screen with like brush strokes thro it and the data bar said transferring data etc.... that it.

I have been there and used chat at this location. the flash is 6.07 or something like that i have flash 10, something installed is that a problem??

Yes i run the latest Fox and Xp home...

Good smoking...

OK, I just tried to get into chat. Used Brian's link and entered user name and password. Did not get any error of wrong pw or user name.

Got a blue screen with like brush strokes thro it and the data bar said transferring data etc.... that it.

I have been there and used chat at this location. the flash is 6.07 or something like that i have flash 10, something installed is that a problem??

Yes i run the latest Fox and Xp home...

Good smoking...

Ar eyou supposed to get a new user/password? I tried my forum one and only got the blue screen.
Yes you need to register again. When the page comes up don't type anything click on "Register" and a page will open fill out the info with the same name as here and whatever other info thats required. After that you should be able to log in

Ok I just checked the who's in chat link and it says I'm in there, but I'm not. unless someone else is using my name.

As much as I really hate to complain here, I have to Amity that chat is one of my favorite spots here on SMF and for the last few weeks it's been hit or miss if I can get on or not. To be honest, I'm frustrated to the point that I'm about to stop trying.

I hope Jeff can find a solution to this soon, I have a bunch of buds that I miss chatting with.

Brain, your link didn't work for me last night after you posted it but it seems to work now. Go figure.
Dan the chat program is hosted on a totally different server than the site so im not sure whats causing your problem.

I do know that Huddler is working to integrate a chat program with the platform so it will be easier to get too. I know it will take a few months because all of the testing they will need to do but it is coming.

I just tried also and only got to a blank blue screen with some swooshes on it.
If you get the blank blue screen that means you entered your password wrong or your not registered with the chat program.

maybe they are directing u to "Amity"ville chat..
biggrin.gif

I wounder HOW many times do you have to Register??/ I think this is the 3 or forth time. It tells me that I can not use my user name because it is used. each time i do...

I guess i will wait until it is integrated into the forum...

Thanks for looking into the problem....

Good smoking...

smokey paul - 

You should only have to register once.   This is the same chat platform that was used for the vBulletin forum--it isn't a *Huddler* thing--so it should still work the same.  

Like bmudd said above--hopefully Huddler will get us a chat program eventually, but for now, the chat is the same as it was on the old forum.  Ergo, the new platform for the forum shouldn't be affecting chat whatsoever.  They aren't connected to each other.   
I wounder HOW many times do you have to Register??/ I think this is the 3 or forth time. It tells me that I can not use my user name because it is used. each time i do...

I guess i will wait until it is integrated into the forum...

Thanks for looking into the problem....

Good smoking...

I just tried Chat again. First I reregistered then logged in. The result was the same old blue screen with swooshes?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky