Charlieh

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

charlieh

Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
HELLO TO ALL MY NAME IS CHARLIE AND I LIVE IN THE PHILIPPINES .I HAVE LIVED HERE FOR 3 YRS. AND ENJOYING MY RETIREMENT ALONG WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY.
I STARTED ON THIS SITE TO FIND OUT ALL THE INFO I COULD ABOUT SMOKING MEAT FOR LONG TERM STORAGE.
I AM JUST NOW LEARNING HOW MUCH FUN YOU CAN HAVE DOING THIS.WHEN I LIVED IN THE STATES I WAS JUST YOUR AVERAGE BACK YARD WEEK-END GRILLED.
BUT NOW IT IS MORE OF A MATTER OF SURVIVAL IF YOU WANT GOOD MEAT YOU HAVE TO DO IT YOURSELF.ALL HELP WILL BE APPRIECATED THANKS.
CHARLIE

first off.........welcome...........

even if you are experienced in smoking, please check out Jeff's 5-day ecourse

LOTS of info there.........

long term storage.........hmmmmmm.......THAT mite be a problem here......LOLO..........cause most of us, don't have much leftovers after the smoke.........

j/k

long term storage.........more like jerky?
sausages?

we have seperate areas that will help you out in that area.....

here;s one that got started today........goat makes sum killer jerky from what i understand........i havent had the pleasure yet of sampling his wares...........but he and well as others will be along shortly to answer your questions.......

we are family.......

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...7&goto=newpost

welcome and enjoy the site. great people and great info. again welcome
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_cool.gif

Welcome aboard. Looks llike you will have some interesting tales to tell of meats and smoke and such. Lookin forward to hearing about your adventures.
Throw out your questions. Someone here will have some insight for you.

Welcome to SMF!! Make yourself at home... browse around... ask questions... read the forums. There's lots of info to get around here from reading and from chatting. We're a friendly lot and glad you're here.
icon_biggrin.gif

Charlie:

Good to have you as a new member. I know you will enjoy yourself. If you have any specific questions, just go to an appropriate Forum and ask away. There is a forum for just about everying.

Send us some pictures of your new neck of the woods and of course pics of qviews.

Once again, Welcome.

Skip

Welcome Charlie...for information on smoking...this is THEE place to be. Have fun!

Welcome Charlie. You have come to the right place to learn about all things smoking meat!!!!

Enjoy!!!!
icon_smile.gif

Hey, Welcome Charlie! You might want to look into meat curing as well as smoking. Both extend shelf life of meats to weeks if not months. I found a vac-pak'd bag of jerky from over a year ago in my freezer a while back. Was as good as the day after I made it :{).
Ask, and ye shall receive!

Hello Charlie, and welcome to the SMF. You can still enjoy your grillin', you'll just have to share the time with your smoker. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We have many experienced smokers, grillers, cooks, and chefs around this great site, somebody will have the answer. BTW, we also have some great folks here too!

Welcome Charlie -

What kind of smoker are you using? That would be helpful in giving you some pointers. Ask questions we'll be here to answer!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky