Charity Work

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sanbornb

Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Worked on about 60 pounds of pork last night.  Took me from 2030HRS until 1000HRS but I got 6 good sized butts smoked, wrapped, toweled, and rested....choppping it up tonight.  Feeding a couple of local football teams.  I hope I have enough.  This photo only shows 4, but I had two more that finished a bit earlier.

Hope you all have a great day!

I think with the 60 pounds I made I will easily get my 125 sandwiches for these football players/coaches/staff.    I will post a bunch of pics later...just swamped now making up Brown Bag lunches and getting everything prepped for tonight.  I was able to get 5 butts in my smoker....probably could have done one more if I needed...but I put the 6th butt on my little smoker.  I have someone a sample this morning and the results were positive.  Lots of work went into this, but a little community support is worth a few hours of prep.

Have a great day!

My wife chopped it up and wrapped sandwiches before I could get pics of the actual meat.  We fed about 125 people with the 6 butts.  Everyoen got a good amount of meat in the sandwich and a bag full of other stuff like chips, cookies, napkin, wetnap, bbq sauce, and a drink.

I know thi sis the pork topic, but I think my next challenge is a turkey.

This photo is 125 wrapped and ready to package BBQ sandwiches.  The feedback I received was all positive.....I know some people just don't like BBQ, but no one said it was horrible! LOL!   Great smoky flavor and about 14 hours of total cooking time.

Totally worth it to give those kids a hot sandwich after a freezing cold football game!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky