• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

charcoal to lp

the big dawg

Joined May 10, 2007
I have a Brinkman Vertical Smoker that is charcoal and am thinking about replacing the charcoal bowl with the burner from a turkey fryer.

It should be pretty easy but I have not trying fitting it in there yet.

Anyone every do something like this?

buffdadjj

Joined May 5, 2007
Did you ever convert your charcoal brinkman over to the turkey fryer burner ? i am thinking of doing this.

kueh

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 7, 2006
There may be a problem of getting the burner to sustain a low temparature. A turkey fryer burner is designed to put out a lot of heat.

altmanj

Joined Feb 14, 2007
i have a brinkman smoke n pit which has an offset box. i went to propane with no problem.you need a low pressure regulator and i placed a valve that come from the regulator and attach to the hose. i can adjust the gas/flame way down no problems.

the big dawg

Joined May 10, 2007
Not yet but I am still shopping for ideas.

The local Menards sells the burners for about $22.00.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
I was thinking just cut a hole in the bottom and lower the smoker on top. Throw a cast iron skilet on it for the wood chunks and use the water bowl on top of that.

If you need the fryer again just lift it off.

billyq

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 13, 2007
Debi is right on. I do have one sugestion, though. I would try and fabricate something that lifts your chip tray at least a few inches above the burner. My 2 gas smokers have about a one inch clearance between the burner and chip tray.

smokincowboy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 29, 2007
you might try a side burner from an old grill I have one in a homemade smoker. the best thing is these old grills are setting out a lot when people get new grills mine works great (Just a sugestion)

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.