Charcoal Basket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lefty40

Original poster
Apr 12, 2014
Hi Everyone,  I own a Brinkman Trailmaster Limited Edition smoker.  I would like to purchase a charcoal basket for it.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  Also what size would fit best for it?  I don't have the tools to make one, so purchasing would be the better option for me.  Thank you in advance.

Lefty welcome to SMF.

There have been a couple baskets that have been posted in the past that were no weld and were fairly simple to make. The only thing that looked tricky was cutting the expanded metal, but nothing a good set of cutters or a dremil tool could not do.

I am not aware of any premade on the market. You could make a model out of card board and take it to a metal working shop and have one made. When I made the one for my old smoker I made it as big as a could and still get it out of the opening.

Hey yall,Glenn here aka HungrySmokinG,you mentioned expanded metal,which ive been looking at for some mods on my chargriller pro with SFB.What kind of materials are recommended for the expanded metal to be food safe? Thanks and I love this forum community.
77.gif

Last edited:
I have only seen untreated steel used. Run a load through it first before it gets near food. This way you burn of any oil or other residues first. Diffinately no galvanized treated should be used.

Thanks for the come back jarjarchef. Theres a lot of different metals to choose from, I definetly don't want to use one that's poisonous or give the food an off taste.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky