Char-Griller Temp guage location

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

biggieq

Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
Is the location of the temp gauge on the Char-Griller Smoking Pro a good spot or have any of you who own on moved it? I was looking at the Bar-B-Chef and the temp guage is by the racks.

I don't know the setup of your grill, but I do know that you want the thermometers as close to the cooking surface as possible. Most aren't setup that way, unfortunately. I had to drill through my lid and add two additional ones. One on both ends, as mine is an offset.

I have the CG... the temp guage is as close to useless as it can get, especially where they located it. I have two 3" recalibratable guages - not installed yet - that will be installed at each end of the lid, close to the cooking surface. I have flipped the charcoal tray upside down to act as a baffle to help even out the heat from end to end, so the reason for two thermometers is to keep tabs on both ends of the smoker.

I also just got the Maverick ET-73 for remote monitoring of the chamber temp plus the meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky