CenTex Smokers (Austin and Surounding Areas)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My Favorite BBQ staple to cook is:

• Sausage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beef (other)

• Pork (other)

• Poultry

• Wild Game

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
fDZIQcOvkFG9GvGfbh92gO1QYYVKHJZu5liWdwTWwniLTxmK4KUk-wTtLgnX6w-Hue0NtNnBXyzh0gaKFTxaZYuam7-evHnzdiZIHQMbNQ3urowjzWyjpWnQL8onKkoY2OruJiDhPvUxhVhHFq-t98heZJA593HIydqj_4y14KSaClqMOE4r6zBSifVU5qpPN8LtMu638xIRBNuBwr67owOPMXMr6Fbg5DB974JBmtz-isWwhy9ec-K4RPMCjTqDi7kFvH5Ry2q0QDS7Ztbm36tbo7gbO4cLP9S5AZuxskKRl1PIKqP0FxwfzwRcd5zjNB5E5HUqHrrcDmPNoARpWEmZM-7rKVqde0Sd29g2u3N53gXoTwnK9SbWQiyekNJxeRFaKU9vQ8I9tKLUcAuXZJ4fyk1YvtoXTlK0tstuX-vxgCMlbLN0HBHPG6m69hrsNc6rFHtZ-kbXuzlxfdwYE3dV9WUKdSowlialRqFcmJU2UWq2pVHxj-_pjMPY_ugZhOMhN-FkbbW1Z9TcM-iXHD00OHmm0h_WqhRbMyCHZQ_o5fDTCBjUzmQG8N9XnGeowlcsl2eMZ_G5VTJxrjTBBO-2OJVVkCgcTMXsTlBnYNSxkmGn9XESCSQ4j45S_diso0lPrhxDvo0Z-RYXZ5kqtWPY2aF8LKYe=w1155-h1110-no

m5EVH7uoR6ZTBf9s-TcwOlzfk3FdOwq239uB4A8RnM64vrZfUb9fHlWUidTbnUGT_Do8mjti_OZh2GeSirf8Jv2hAT_mQTUFuwaZE6hIwTNFC1lq9EMs68TwKR-179iku7KpO39nZigJYBW5Wn0WGW_BZz96gQklTsMWiS_qoAmQv83v-JOxi4X8p1efYHSufMZO5AHRwUXxhFuZ5LLdpnshf3-F_0TMuXyss5QHktLdXp2JH1qZ5fK7BZbYauGDCkDuaHFh8o_mLJhYZd5HBEumUqQCtpYcnUr0TLBCT8GMFz499akgahZyy8JsHisuxqkcwSGoGq2OTBX8XGFd8o3tQx3pplcGdLH_RLwkbXdSQYiwSrae8Tznh27XExzrHrdQeQN0ptFEz3fJ4OcK12-5VluDyt6p6SslSRLsaYROApdKz3oEHLKG9iC5N_t-YXbtI5_D41YW5ibMzCHJSlv-YbB73_qCu0sc699Odk9YPUiEjuGMiAwVUYX_4zjCbBu1WgY_l3ZsAIg57rDERcPZ_HJKrnDgRNtUOqM9_rLGtlTkWwpFJf7wn-OIh4zwTwN2i7oDd3gEJU7GAGPCfJFKUpRhjlq4-fe6PTz2gLcphX_DnvWcPBxALsQu1N1SK4SCjrawdiMnelnlrzh31lS0aiynLUMW=w1035-h1110-no

Brisket from last weekend. HEB Wagyu Brisket. Pecan smoke in the tube and Post oak pellets in the easy bake oven. 17 hours to get this thing tender!

Worth it!

Reactions: bigdaddy4760
To mirror Zach's sentiments, it's great to have you with us Ron. I've read several of your posts and am looking forward to seeing pics of some great Q coming off that monster pit of yours. You have been put on "The List" to get tagged for our Cen Tex event next year :emoji_laughing:

Zach....when you and Kay were here last weekend we talked about everything except the date for our second annual gathering. We kinda need to see about starting to dial it in please

Thinking way ahead,
Robert

Reactions: Weaverspitbbq
Was married into largest Mexican family in Texas lived in kyle ..built the pit for family reunions at webberville park ....she had 10 uncles 4 siblings. So it was our weekend pit

Hi guys, Kinda new to smoking, been on the forums for a bit, but oddly enough never scrolled all the way down the page to social groups section. Figured i'd say hello to my fellow Central texans. I'm in Pflugerville.

Meggen

Hi guys, Kinda new to smoking, been on the forums for a bit, but oddly enough never scrolled all the way down the page to social groups section. Figured i'd say hello to my fellow Central texans. I'm in Pflugerville.

Howdy Meggen. Nice to meet you. The brain child of this event, Zach ( Misplaced Nebraskan Misplaced Nebraskan ) also lives in Pflugerville. I'm in Lago Vista 20 to 30 minutes west of you. There are seemingly quite a few forum members in this area. I know of a couple in Cedar Park, Austin, and a little further south of Austin. Sadly we did not get to do the second event this year but we're looking forward to the next one...whenever that may be. Thanks s o much for dropping in. You can check out the threads for this event that I posted. A quick search of Cen Tex Que and Brew should find it. If you wanna see them but can't find them, just let me know. I'll find the links and post them here.

Robert

Reactions: mbassom
Thanks Robert, I did look at those links and it looked like a great time had by all (with some great Q of course!!). Hopefully we will all be able to have another event at some point.

CenTex (Lockhart) here. if it is meat I will cook it. Chicken, Pork Ribs, Pork Butts, Sausage and Brisket in my wheelhouse.
Seasoning for me is simple Texas SPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky