CB?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerseyhunter

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
The Woods of Jersey
Ok I followed Cowgirls recipe. (Don't think I'll use mine again). Any ways I added 1/4 tbs of insta cure no 1 also to the tender quick. Been curing for 5 days. I just took off a slice and fried it. I'm in heaven. Can I soak overnight then take it out and smoke the next day or the day after that. I would think there would be no problem. Also it tastes so good now can I just make a batch up the same way and slice and freeze? Wouldn't that be peameal without the corn meal?

So glad you like it JersyHunter!
You can soak overnight or you can slice and freeze... without smoking.
It's all good.
biggrin.gif

Hope you took pics for us. :)

Thank you. You really made my day when I tasted this. I always used another recipe where the loin was spray pumped and brined, then smoked. It was good but never as tasty and tender as yours. I can't wait to surprise my wife with breakfast. I'm Glad I found this forum, everyone is friendly and helpful. By the way do you thinkl it would work on venison? I had a smoked loin at a sportsman show and it was quite similiar, also it was smoked to rare and served cold like a roast beef cold cut. I'm gonna try it anyway. Sorry for all the ranting but it must be 5 'o clock some where.

welp, that's good enough for me!
I am putting a CB down today, and I think I have all the goods including the #1.

sounds real good, but where is the view , brutha?
Cowgirl, I will be thanking you in a few days.... lol
Michael

Jersy, I've got a batch of venison curing right now...should be ready in a day or two. I'm making a pastrami though. This would bacon cure would probably work.

Michael, good luck with your batch! Hope it works out well for ya. :)

Jersy, I forgot to mention...If ya get the chance, try some sliced and chicken fried... it's tasty too! http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=24197

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky