Cattleman's Smoky BBQ sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeywray

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 9, 2008
I bought a gallon of this stuff in preperation for a big party and now I'm regretting my purchase. I don't really care for it. Does anyone use this and have you had any success with cutting in some other ingredients? Any mods to this sauce would be appriciated.

Cattleman's is every thing I don't like about packaged, store bought Q sauce. The liquid smoke flavor is so heavy it overwhelms any good flavor that may be hiding in there.

I did try to add some honey to cut the smoke a little but it was a waste of good honey!! There are many good packaged sauces out there but most are small label and are quite expensive.

Making Q sauce is so cheap and I can control the outcome pretty consistantly. I've got a basic sauce now that everyone in my family loves and it doesn't taste like store bought. We had it last night on some pork butt and my daughter says we are out of it already and I had just made a gallon!!

I say just find a couple of sauces that work for you, make them your backbone and then play around with a few others to keep it fresh and interesting.

Happy smokin'

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky