Catfish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chinho

Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
Huntsville, Texas
This may have already been talked about but I was wondering that when you smoke catfish do you remove the skin first or does it help hold the fish together better.

Chinho, morning.... Never having done catfish in the smoker, I would first try it with skin on.... see how flakey the meat is first and how well the meat took the smoke....  After that I would try and figure out what to do next... maybe it will be perfect and your new "go to" recipe for catfish... 

Take some pics, share your recipe and let us know what you come up with...   Dave

Chinho, morning.... Never having done catfish in the smoker, I would first try it with skin on.... see how flakey the meat is first and how well the meat took the smoke....  After that I would try and figure out what to do next... maybe it will be perfect and your new "go to" recipe for catfish... 

Take some pics, share your recipe and let us know what you come up with...   Dave
yeahthat.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky