Cast Iron Cookbook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh a download... I was gonna say that that would be one HEAVY book to carry around
tongue.gif

Good info.

As a long time DO user, some of my best effort has come from simple recipes, like an Italian sausage / mostaccioli dish I got off a box of Kraft parmesan cheese. Most stews and casserole dishes port over to a DO with no sweat.

Most of DO cooking in my view is technique on how to handle the DO, not what's inside.

Castiron Cooking is the only way to cook. I grew up with cast iron and moved away from it when I got married. You know, the non-stick T-Fall junk kind of thing. But after several years and several replacement pots and pans we've gone back to cast iron. It's practically bullet proof, heats way more evenly than anything else, is almost impossible to burn anything with it and if kept properly seasoned is a much better non-stick surface than anything on the market. Scratches and chips in the seasoning can be fixed by simply wiping with lard or veggie shortening...

It's good stuff!

Jon.

Thank you very much for this, my wife and I are always looking for new cast iron recipes. My wife has probably 40 pieces to work with.

Saved it in a download file will definitely check out later tonight.....love to cook in a DO. Didn't care to much about it at first....lack of knowledge I guess....then it all seemed to click....now it almost comes natural...like the people I used to see do it and envied!!! Here is another link that I use all the time for DO recipes....maybe some of you haven't seen it before.......

http://papadutch.home.comcast.net/~p...en-recipes.htm

Enjoy.....Rick

Thanks for the info... Gonna check it out... I always cook with cast iron... And I do it outside... Wife says I am crazy, but she sure eats my cooking too...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky