carne de cerdo lacado - spain's "laquered" pork barbecue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
O M G this looks amazing .i will love a pleat like this for supper
points.gif

I'm going to use that   "My BBQ pork has converted more Jews to Christianity then the Spanish Inquisition"  HeHe

The salad... the pork.... the whole thing looks great to me.... As I copy that recipe have you saved any other Castillian recipes for the folks here ??

I would be VERY willing to let you share them...
biggrin.gif
... Dave

Witko,Those look great. You mentioned Balsamic Vinegar , and being intrigued by this recipe, am going to try it soon with the Balsamic. I can get some nice CSR's at the Butchers and will post the results.

Everything looked great and I kow it was delicious;keep on going and as Dave said " I will be VERY willing to let you share".

Have a good time and.........

Guys TAS is the real deal. I have been one of his followers for years. He does the research and posts the goods to back it up. He is not about promoting himself just sharing great recipes and processes. 

Thanks my friend for sharing all these recipes 

hey, guys - thanks for the welcome back, and for the kind words. it's good to be back ~

this one is a true joy with such a simple, yet perfect combination of components that are guaranteed to make you a hero at the table.

for those who want to try this, PLEASE read the post carefully, since i found while doing this that you want to do a slightly different procedure based on the cut of pork you are doing. basically, for bigger, longer-cooking cuts of meat (more than 4 hours or so), you want to do a couple of things to ensure that you get all the flavour and the benefits of the "lacquering." of the pork. for smaller, shorter-cooking meats (spares and baby backs, especially), just make the marinade, marinate, and toss them on, painting them as you normally would.

these things are truly good and also truly beautiful to see on the grate - when the smoke starts colouring them, and they darken up with the heat, it's truly something to see.

as for more castillian recipes, i am pretty sure i can come up with a few that i have tried - i can think of a couple right away, but tehy are not barbecue - will see if i can find a good place to post them.

best regards to all, especially the friends i have made here - if anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask ~

ron

Simply Awesome, Ron!

I remember I learned a lot from you about 2 years ago !!!

Good to see you here again, making Awesome Threads !!!  
icon14.gif

Super Plate Too!!!

Bear

thanks, bear - the plating pix are NOT my strong suit, but i am seeing if i can work on that to make them better ~ usually, i tend to do better with the preparation pictures ~ lol

hey, JC ~ if you're able to give this a try, you're definitely going to love it. works with any pork and is simple as can be.

any questions, just ask!

Please also post your pasta recipe. Great goodness comes from around the world.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky