Caribou burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kwdriver

Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
I lucked out and got a caribou a few weeks ago. We ended up processing the whole thing on our own and ground a bunch of it up for future use. Mixed it with approx. 15% pork trimmings and turned out awesome. Made some great caribou burgers last night out of them. Really juicy and tasty. Glad I went 15%. Enjoy the video. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirtsailor2003
Thanks a bunch. Yeah the caribou was a little bull but it was my first one so I'm glad I put meat in the freezer. My buddy that came out here to visit from CO ended up shooting a 52" bull moose. We ended up splitting all the meat so my chest freezers are pretty full. We'll be eating well.

Another great video!

Once again I embedded it in your post, can't have YouTube links on here.

Al

You are lucky, I did a hunt in Quebec in 2000, seems like only a few years ago... But was lucky enough to score on a couple bulls. Some of the finest venison there is,

Yeah I'm actually thawing out some ground caribou right now. Going to make a few burgers for dinner.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky