Caramelized Rib Bite Salad w/Pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jarjarchef

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 30, 2010
Central Florida
Last weekend our church wanted to sell some BBQ Pork sandwiches at a local event. In order for them to be able to sell, they had to compete as well. So they asked me and another member with food service background to compete. I also cooked all the pork with a few other memebers. Today I found the pieces I had trimmed of my ribs to make the St. Luis ribs for turn in. Wife wanted salad and I wanted ribs, so wanted to find a way for both to be happy. Here is my journey.

Cut the timings into cubes and placed in a pan with some brown sugar, agave syrup, tiger sauce and liquid butter. Wrapped and baked in oven for 1hr.

After they baked I removed the pork from the pan and used a bit of the drippings with a little bbq sauce to coat the cubes. Then placed in oven to crisp them up.

After tossed with sauce.

After crisping up.

For the dressing I took some of the drippings and added apple cider vinegar, apple sauce, bbq sauce and some vegeyable oil. I used an immersion blender to make the emulsion.

Hope you enjoyed. We did.

Looks tasty! Great color!

Thank you

Great looking salad! I'd even eat it without the Greens :D !!!!

Thank you. Yes they were good to snack on too.....

Looks GREAT! I could live off of that.
Happy smoken.
David

Thank you. Might need a little grain to go with it.......now lets see what has grain and can be used to wash down pork yummyness????????

Carnivore Delight. Awesome!!! Thumbs Up

Thank you

Jarjar, that looks awesome, Very nice work. I will have to give that a try!! What temp did you cook them on and what temp did you crisp them up and how long? if you don't mind me asking 

Thanks 

DS. 

JarJarChef, wonderfully done by a master's hand.  Gonna have to try it sometime.

Thanks for the inspiration.

drool.gif

Good Morning Chef!

That looks terrific and must have been so pleasing to all!

Beautiful! As always! You are in the right field!!!!!!!

Happy Tuesday! Cheers! - Leah

Thank you. Always great to receive your feedback. The box is only good for standing on to see what is next......

Jarjar, that looks awesome, Very nice work. I will have to give that a try!! What temp did you cook them on and what temp did you crisp them up and how long? if you don't mind me asking 

Thanks 

DS. 

I finished the in the oven. It was at 375 fornthe whole process for dinner.
When I originally cooked the ribs in the smoker it was at 275.

I never mind being asked what or how I did something. Knowlesge and experiences should be shared.

JarJarChef, wonderfully done by a master's hand.  Gonna have to try it sometime.

Thanks for the inspiration.

:drool

Thank you fornthe kind words.

Got a church competition coming up, hope I do half as good as you.....very nice

Good luck! Make a plan and execute it, but be ready to adjust as needed. If you have any questions PM me and I will help any way I can. But have fun and relax!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky