Can't reply to private message

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

scott in kc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 3, 2006
South of KC MO
When I hit "submit" on my reply, I get an "invalid session" error. I've logged out, cleared my cache and cookies, logged back in (three times now) and still get the same thing. :x

Note to Dutch, your pizza recipe is on the way if I can get past this bug!!

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Brother Scott, I had the same problem when I tried to reply to your PM "Invalid Session". I hit the "Back" button to where I posted my reply; highlighted and copied it. Hit the "Back" button again to your PM; hit the Reply button again then pasted my reply in the reply box and hit "Submit" and it worked.jMaybe there is a hiccup with the server~

bob-bqn

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Aug 5, 2005
Texas
One of the most common problems I've seen with NOT being able to send a PM is to be missing information in a REQUIRED field.

Make sure there is a TITLE in the SUBJECT line and that you have specified a USERNAME to send it to.

NOTE: CAPS are not yelling.
wink.gif

bob-bqn

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Aug 5, 2005
Texas
OH, now that just ain't right...

The pizza looks great! 8) Where's the recipe? :lol:

'Course you knew that was coming.
wink.gif

scott in kc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 3, 2006
South of KC MO
BDV, I was just able to respond to your PM and the one I couldn't make work this morning without a problem :? Not being exactly the "geek" type, I'm a little mystified why without changing anything, I had such trouble earlier and now every thing works. FM I guess?