Can't Find Briskets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shorty

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Johnstown Pa
Is there another cut of beef I can try for my first beef smoke. I did some Chix last weekend and I have some chix breast to do tomorrow, but really want to try a hunk of beef the only brisket I found looks nothing like I see on here they were only about 2.5lbs. Where can i find good brisket.

where ya at Shorty?

Sams, Costco, from what i have read on here...

i am having the same problem around here... all they have at the moment is corned beef brisket again... and when i do find them they are so small; less than 3 pounds

Don't know where you are shorty, but try the closest meat packing plant. You might have to buy it by the case, but that still will only run you $100-120 for about 7-9 briskets depending on the price, and you can always freeze them!

what other cut of beef besides ribs can I try for a smoke? my Dads buddy owns a meat market here in Johnstown PA. He may be able to get me a brisket but I just bought a side of beef and have all kinds of raost in the freezer just not sure which one to use.

I was just looking at a sale today on chuck roasts (pot roast) the kind ur mom used to slow cook all day and fall apart, i would imagine one rubbed down and smoked to like 195* and shreaded would be awesome!!

I have done a few chuck roasts and top round and both are good to smoke. I rub them down good, pull them at 160 and wrap them in foil and let them sit for a couple hours in my cooler. I've always sliced mine and they are nice and juicy this way. I'm sure they would be good if you smoked one to a higher temp and shredded it also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky