Can't edit profile

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vulcan75001

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 27, 2006
Danbury, Ct.
I can log into the site ok...but when I try to get to my profile to edit things...I get the message that I don't have permission to access that info...it worked before ...anyone have any ideas??? Thanks...

It did that to me the first day it was up, I logged out and logged back in and it seemed to work. If that does'nt do it I know Jeff said that it was banning some member's it wasn't suppose to. If you still can't edit your profile I would send him an e-mail. Good Luck

Me too.....

mrgrumpy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Maybe we have been demoted.....:x:x

Do you suppose Jeff was asleep and not enough coffee and hit the wrong button???? It looks like it. I will give him a little time to work out the bugs... I am sure he has been notified. If I still can't in a day or two, I will shoot him a pm....

Bill

well I've had no problem getting into my profile and editing it.....guess it's just another reason for you to be grumpy :p (keep in mind jeff is still working bugs and other things on the backside so I expect some strange effects once in a while....I'd give him a shout about it for your settings)

He has another thread here I just found that there are some members that are showing up banned that shouldn't be, and just to shoot him.... a pm that is....
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Bill

I already sent an e-mail to Jeff about the problem I was having...maybe when he finds the problem...it will fix everyone...

You are not far wrong about the sleepy part.. I was adding all OTBS members to the OTBS group at about 3 AM this morning and I apparently said YES instead of NO or vice versa on one of the options.

I went into it this morning and seen where I had disallowed the OTBS group from being able to edit their own profile:shock:

Don't know what I was thinking... maybe that is the point that I dozed off and my fingers were "sleep walking".

Anyway.. it should be corrected now. If you have further problems just let me know.

On that same note.. you will notice that all OTBS members are now showing in bold type and also show up on the "Leadership" link at the bottom of the forums list on the main page.

The title under your name may default to "OTBS Member" but feel free to change it if you like to whatever..

Other than that.. I am going to grab some coffee before I do something else that I shouldn't
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif

Thanks Jeff,

You are doing a super job.... I can relate to the get a cup of coffee.... I had to get mine early this morning as well. I grind mine fresh, and use the super hi-test hi-octane caffeine kind......

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky