Canned BBQ'd Pork and Q-tons

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
Not sure if anyone is interested in canning meat. This was the leftover meat from the underground pig cook during deer season week in November.
underground pig...
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=84898

I had one pan of meat leftover from the pig cookout, so I canned it with some Q sauce.

The meat was a mixture from all parts of the pig. Loin, butt, rib meat... a bit of everything...

I combined my Q sauces and a quart of vinegar red sauce to go with the meat. Also added red pepper flakes and let it simmer.

Processed in my pressure canner...

I'm not sure what to call these, but I filled some wonton skins with the canned Q, smoked cheese and slivers of jalapeno...

and fried til crispy....

They were tasty!

The canned meat makes good sammiches too!

Thanks for looking.

Those creations are called "Ragons" I'm sure it right because we get them everytime that we eat chinese food. I do really like filling and we just happene to get some wonton wrappers at the store last night cause I like to stuff them with what ever my demented brain can come up with. Hive you tried BBQ sushi yet???Thats rice stuffed with a french fry a couple of strips of cole salw and then pulled pork then rolled and sliced. Heck maybe I'll make some tonight since you have put it in man head.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Just beautiful Swine Rangoons! For some time now I have been watching for a decent price on a large pressure canner - can't do low acid or proteins without one. But once again, you have beaten me to the punch. Once I find one, my first runs will probably be enchiladas, tamales and chili.

You never cease to amaze me, darlin'.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

As ususal you made me have to clean up drool off my keyboard. Thanks for sharing that with us

Thank you folks for the kind comments and the points.
I do love wonton and egg roll skins, the fillings are limited to your imagination.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Mballi, I've not tried the sushi...sounds interesting. Thanks!

Mark, you need to get a canner.. I know you would use the heck out of it.
wink.gif

Sorry to show up late to the party, but I have a question.

Could we get sauce recipe/processing details. The acidity of the sauce + processing details are VERY important in canning and I'd like to know the details so I can do the same if I have leftovers.

Thanks!

Thanks Dyce!

Meat HAS to be pressure canned... so the acidity level is not a concern.
This batch was processed at 12lbs of pressure for 90 minutes but it will be different for everyone. You need to check your altitude and adjust your pounds and pressure time acording to your location.
Its best if everyone consult their own pressure canning guidlines.

Hope this helps! :)

Ok, so just can like any other meat? Idk why, but for some reason I just figured there would be some sort of special processing. Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky