• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Candied Peppers

mr_whipple

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 3, 2021
A lot of folks call it cowboy candy. There are recipes all over but most are exactly the same just a different name. I use This one over at amazing ribs as a baseline. I love this stuff. I'm just mad I forgot to make more before the last jar ran out. They're really not at their best until after a good two week rest in the fridge.

My standard mix of jalapenos, serranos and little fire bomb peppers. Those serranos turn the nicest red...

20210918_132450resize.jpg

Bring the syrup to a boil and toss in the goodies

20210918_140226resize.jpg

Bring em back to a boil for about 30 seconds or so

20210918_140705resize.jpg

Finished product. I did a double batch this time. Now all I have to do is wait :emoji_angry:

20210918_142147resize.jpg

If you've never made these before, you should. Nice sweet and hot. Thanks for looking!

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
yup, them look tasty! Might need to fire up a batch and try'em out. I'll need to skip the real hot peppers tho... cant take the high heat anymore :(

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Love these. I need to make another batch of a sugar free version.

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Looks good, I think I will try a couple bottles

David

mr_whipple

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 3, 2021
yup, them look tasty! Might need to fire up a batch and try'em out. I'll need to skip the real hot peppers tho... cant take the high heat anymore :(
You can use any peppers, but the sweet heat balance is tasty. With just jalapenos it's mild. Give it a go!

Looks nice! I wish I could make that but way too much sugar for me! :emoji_disappointed:
Love these. I need to make another batch of a sugar free version.
Not sure how well it would do sugar free. I guess there are sugar substitutes but I have no experience with them. Wouldn't hurt to experiment a little.

I'm going to do this TODAY!! Thanks...
Do it!

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2018
Well I said I was going to do this and I did this morning. Only used jalapenos and made enough for 1 quart jar, about 2 lbs. of peppers. In a few days, I'll check it out...

Pickled Jalapenos.jpg

mr_whipple

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 3, 2021
Lookin good! I let them sit no less than a week, sometimes two. They're just not quite right until then for me anyway.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.