Canadian Thanksgiving Turkey Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grogger27

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Three Hills, Alberta
Good day, eh!!
It starting to freeze over night now, the leaves are falling and they're forecasting snow over night. Guess who's wife volunteered him to smoke turkeys for half the country side. I should actually say volun-told, not volunteered.
Anyway, I need some help. I lost most of my notes I've been keeping on smoking so I can't remember the particulars. My turkeys for tomorrow are both around 19 lbs. They've been marenating for a couple days in the salt/onion/garlic/bay leaf and OJ brine.
Here comes the particulars I'm missing. What is the temperature to smoke the birds? What is the temp/weight/time ratio?
I also have maple wood, alder, hickory and mesquite, what would work best?
Thanks for the help.
Greg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky