Canadian Beacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

westtnbum

Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
Tn
All,

I want to make some CB out of some loin that one of the grocery stores has on sale this week and was wondering if I can use my Hi Mountain BB cure. How hot do you go on an internal temp? Thanks for all the help.

Go for it. I used The same Hi-Mountain BB cure a few times now and it came out awesome.  I just followed the directions and smoked till 165 so I could eat it cold if I wanted.

96406733_canadianbacon.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with Meateater that cure will be good for Canadian Bacon. I smoke mine to 160 so its ready to eat for sandwiches but I usually keep the smoker temps as low as I can for two to three hours before I turn it up so I get more time in the smoke. Since it is cured you can do that you don't have to worry about the 40-140 rule

I agree with Meateater that cure will be good for Canadian Bacon. I smoke mine to 160 so its ready to eat for sandwiches but I usually keep the smoker temps as low as I can for two to three hours before I turn it up so I get more time in the smoke. Since it is cured you can do that you don't have to worry about the 40-140 rule
I forgot that part Piney, I cold smoked for a few hours to get that rich smoke taste, then took to temp., good call!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

What they said. Keep the smoker temp way low. You only have to take the meat to 160 and you have all day to do it. I like to keep my smoker around 180 or less with the thinnest of smoke. You don't need alot of smoke, just a long time in a little smoke..

I would go low and slow. Even thought you dont need the low and slow to get the tenderness you will get better smoke penetrations by going low and slow.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky