Canadian Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 17, 2009
Hendertucky, Nv.
Well here's my first attempt at canadian bacon. I used the Hi Mountain buckboard bacon mix and smoked with hickory and whiskey oak till 140. When I did the salt test it was perfect but I soaked for an hour anyways. Somehow after it was smoked it was saltier than the fry test but was still very good.  Maybe because it was an enhanced loin? Anyhow I found a butcher shop not to far from me that has some awesome meats so I hopefully wont have them problems anymore.Enjoy

61715dbc_canadianbacon.jpg

Yeah it tastes just like canadian bacon. I would suggest non-enhanced loins, I think thats why mine came out just a little to salty for my taste. I should have soaked it longer, my bad. I will be making this alot. I think I'll grind this batch up for pizza toppings.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky