Canadian Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bassman

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 15, 2007
Ran out of CB awhile ago. I had this in the fridge getting ready for 8 days. It turned out just a tad saltier than I wanted but still good. The two on the left are coated with coarse black pepper the ones on the right with rosemary/garlic seasoning. Smoked for about 6 1/2 hours to 160 using cherry and apple.

Ready for the smoker.

Sliced and ready to eat.

Thanks for checking out my bacon.

I forgot to mention that this is Shooter Rick's dry cure method. I want to give credit where it's due.
icon_redface.gif

Looks good Bassman, let me know what ya think of the rosemary/garlic seasoning

Everything look great Bassman we love CB here. I have made several bacthes and they don't last long so theres more in the frig awaiting next saturdays smoke. I have never seen the dry cure way so can you post it or link it and look back later. Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky