canadian bacon first, with q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

krusher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 31, 2008
rocky mount, virginia
well thanks to ron and to cowgirl, for help on this, friday I trimmed all the fat off of a three pound loin, and used three tablespoons of tenderquick, and rubbed it in and then 6 tablespoons of brown sugar. I cured it for three days, and sliced off a little and fryed it, real good and not too salty. Got it in the smoker now, with some hickory and apple, think I will take it to 152, then slice it an fry it a little bit.
water bath after three days

here it is with the cure on it

in the smoker with apple and hickory

her it is with the fat trimmed off

here it is smoked, sliced, and fried. Tastes real good, but next one I do I am going to go 5 days.

sorry, about the pic order, I am trying to use photo bucket and an trying to figure out, how to space them to type between them.

thanks for checkin it out.

Krusher, that looks very tasty!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That looks delicious! I've got one curing in the fridge right now and am SO ready for it. Gotta wait till Friday though.

Question: Sliced and fried is preference, right? Can't you just slice and eat since it's cured and smoked?

Nice job, Krusher. Just wondering the reason for extra cure next time? Did this not cure to center?

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

You may want to try this for your images. Very simple and do one at a time.

http://postimage.org/

I load it in a seperate browser, and in preview mode, paste the url and organize and add text.

Good luck.

ron, I think it tastes wonderful, I was thinking that maybe if I let it go another day or two it might be a little saltier, I have been eatin country ham for years and thought it might be better a little more salty. But like I said, it is delicious

I guess it depends on what temp. you take it to. I took it to 148, I saw somewhere else that if you go to 152, you can just eat it.

But is'nt everything better fried in a little butter??????

I would have fried it anyway cause it seems a little dry, the butter in the pan gives a little moisture.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky