Can you freeze left overs?

Discussion in 'Pork' started by twistertail, Jun 27, 2007.

1. twistertail

twistertail Smoking Fanatic

If you ever have any that is. I have a vacuum sealer that I could use. Was wondering about a pork shoulder that had been shredded for sandwiches if it would freeze good.

2. I freeze pulled pork all the time using my vaccum sealer. It stays fresh for quite a while and tastes good after reheating and adding some rub and your favorite bbq sauce.

3. squeezy

squeezy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I agree with Porky!

4. watery eyes

watery eyes Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Yeah.....just add a little extra finishing sauce and tuck it away in the freezer.

5. crewdawg52

crewdawg52 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I've frozen a lot of pulled pork and IMO it tastes just as good if not better. I also agree with WateryEyes.......add some finishing sauce! [​IMG] :

6. It's never around long enough in my house to bother freezing it. :)

7. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I ditto that... add the finishing sauce and freeze it. I have also frozen LOTS of PP... all were excellent after thawed.

8. smokin for life

smokin for life Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I freeze what's left after the weekend. I make little packages so I don't have to reheat the whole batch. This way I just take out what I need, poke a little hole in the bag and nuke it. mmmmmmm good.

9. deer meat

deer meat Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I totally agree I have frozen pulled pork several times, it almost tastes better reheated.