Can Someone Send Me Some Warm Weather!!!???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meowey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 16, 2006
Northern NY (Adirondacks)
Howdy Folks,

I know it's been a while since I've started a post. I've been hoping to post the first smoke of the season. The weather here has not been the least bit cooperative. I covered the smokers at thanksgiving to keep the snow off them, and there has been snow on the ground since.

Here is a sample of the latest. This morning we set a record low temp for the date.
Saranac_Lake-033008.jpg

Here are some pics I took yesterday to email to the FIL.

Front yard!
snowscape_3_29_2008_edit_004.jpg

Back yard (Notice the blue tarp covered smoker on the left, and the picnic table on the right)

snowscape_3_29_2008_edit_003.jpg

One of the old-timers told me the other night that he thinks this is a 50-year winter. It is the longest continuous snow cover that I remember in 30 years. We've had more snow or colder temps at various time since I've lived here, but this is the longest continuous snow cover combined with late season frigid temps that I remember.

Will someone please send me some warm weather?? I have committed to smoking 40 pounds of pulled pork in two weeks for a group function. Looking at these pics, I wonder if it will happen.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Sorry about the weather! We had 72 degrees here yesterday although there was a bit of wind with it. I'm sure you realize, it's global warming! Keith

We understand that need for the spring here in iowa. Been a long winter here too. We had ice and snow day before thanksgiving, our last snow was wednesday this week and i woke up to 16f.
Finally we have had two days in a row between 40 and 45. Long range is looking better too, most days in the low 50's with some rainy days.

So hang in there, i'm guessing our weather heads your way once it's done with us.

It was terrible down here, almost 83º. Had to wear my jeans shorts (jorts) and short sleeve shirt to photograph another softball game for the local high school. I think it was in the 60's when I went home after the two games though
biggrin.gif

I got plenty of warmth here. I also have one heck of a sun burn from 9 hours on the water yesterday.

I hope those spread a bit of the florida sunshine to you.
biggrin.gif

Also... I have had a pork butt in since 5am!!! Smells good in the house. I am avoiding sunlight today ;)

Flash... Great photos btw!!! Hey are you coming to the smokeout? Its next weekend! Would love to see you there and talk smoke and fish with ya!!!

Sorry bout the weather friend! But were keepin what little heat we have. Been in the 40's but damp. Put up with the cold and snow for months, so ready for a few rays and slight breezes here too! Keep the hair o the bear man, it will warm up sooner or later!

Its still cold here to but at least theres no snow. I think the warmest its been so far is 45*. Been in the low 30's for the past week.

Thanks for the pics. We had plenty of sunshine here today with a balmy high temp of 39°F today.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Sorry, looks like I am heading to Orlando with the wife to see the new grandson. He is taking his first steps and my wife....AKA: Grandma Cookie, has to be there to see it. Besides, I need to loose some weight.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Meowey, it's kind of one of those years in CO as well. We didn't get Al's global warming letter.
wink.gif

Anyway, we're around 140% of snowpack in the montains. On a moronic note, I turned on my sprinklers 2 weeks ago thinking it was a bit early but trees are starting to bud and some of the perennials are starting to bloom already.

Then, I look at the forecast and we have a lot of hard freezes still to go, i.e. low 20, high teens. So, I had to go back out, hook the compressor up to the system and blow the lines out. I'll turn them on again in late April, I hope.

Thank God for sand in the smoker instead of water or I'd go hungry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky