Can pizza dough be frozen?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 27, 2012
Princeton, MN
If I make a few batches of pizza dough, can I freeze it after letting it rise for 48 hours in the fridge, or will I run into issues?

I'm not sure, but they do sell frozen dough in the supermarkets not sure what the difference would be

I freeze both pizza and pasta dough . Seems fine to me . Roll into a ball , portion sizes and wrap with plastic wrap then freezer bag .

No issues. The yeast just go dormant and recover when the dough warms up...JJ

i freeze my pizza doughs all the time. make sure and cover the dough ball with a coating of olive oil to help protect the skin.

A couple of things to help. Slow freezing reduces viability and most of us don't have blast freezers. If making the batch specifically for freezing, use more yeast as it will lose some viability and flatten the ball into a disk so it freezes faster.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky