Can I smoke already cooked beef?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jayp424

Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Winfield, IL
My mother in law bought a huge chunk of roast beef. She seared it on the stove and then cooked it about 3/4 of the way on the stove. My question is can I now throw it on the grill and smoke it to give it a nice smoky flavor, or would that be counter-productive since the meat is mostly cooked already?

If I can still smoke it, any tips on how long I should do it for? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You can Finish it with Smoke...The flavor won't be as strong but you will get some.

How long depends on what the Internal Temp is now and how you like to eat it...Need more info here...

Welcome to the SMF...You came to the right place for help...JJ

My mother in law bought a huge chunk of roast beef. She seared it on the stove and then cooked it about 3/4 of the way on the stove. My question is can I now throw it on the grill and smoke it to give it a nice smoky flavor, or would that be counter-productive since the meat is mostly cooked already?

If I can still smoke it, any tips on how long I should do it for? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Absolutely.

Smoke it up and heat just like you normally would. It will turn out great.

Either use wood chunks on the fire or use wood sawdust wet or a pellet burner lit at both ends for a heaver smoke and it will be great.

Cook according to directions for correct temp with the smoke rolling at the same time.

Use a temp Gage if you have one.

Will turn out fantabulous. Preheat the grill and start the smoke before you put the meat in. Use indirect method.

Karl

welcome1.gif
   Glad to have you with us!

Thanks for the help. It turned out great. I'm sure smoking it from the start would be even better, but it had a nice smoked flavor, had a little crust on the outside and tender on the inside. I had two big pieces, so I smoked one on Saturday and one on Sunday and they made for two great meals. Thanks again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky