Can anyone identify this pork sausage?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

webgrunt

Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
I have been trying to find out what kind of sausage I used to get years ago, made by a local guy up north who I lost touch with.

Here's all I know about it:

It has whole peppercorns in it.
It's made from raw (cured by freezing) pork.
It's dried so about the outside 1/2 inch or so of the sausage is darker and firmer than the inside which is pinker and moist, but both the dried and moist parts were edible (and delicious.)
It was about three inches wide.
It was very finely ground.
It wasn't smoked.
I don't remember it having much in the way of spices. Salt of course and some garlic and maybe a little sugar or something to sweeten it a little, but not much else if I recall correctly--the flavor of the meat really came through.

Do you remember the casing on the outside being covered with a white mold, the good kind. that cured it. kind of salty tasting but not too much.

You, Sir, are a god.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky