Can a UDS handle........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hog warden

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
A pair of big butts? They weight about 7 pounds each. I've had good luck with one, but have never tried two.

And it's raining. Concern is that two will slow it down as it is, and rain won't help. All that moisture to contend with. A little more vent to keep the temps up and maybe foil sooner. Won't be perfect but conditions are not perfect either.

Yes it will hold them, i've had 4 one mine before. If you have a tent or some sort of cover to put the drum under to keep it out of the rain.

They are off and running. Have been down nearly 5 hours and temps are coming up nicely.

Solved the rain problem with a 3' x 4' scrap of OSB particle board I found laying around. Put a 3 inch hole in it for the flue pipe, then set it on a couple bricks I put down on the lid as spacers. It's been staying dry with passing showers.

Where there is a will, there is a way!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky