camping butt Qview too

Discussion in 'Pork' started by realtorterry, Jul 26, 2010.

1. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

So the family & I have been camping for th last week. When my turn came for dinner this is what I came up with!

[​IMG]

rubbed up

[​IMG]

the smoker we had

[​IMG]

pulled

[​IMG]

money shot

[​IMG]

sorry for the bad shots! All I had was my iphone on me.

2. Looks great to me!!! There is something very appealing about smoking meat in the great outdoors... Its almost like that is what we were meant to do... It is, by far, one of my favorite things in the world... You're living the dream!!! Good show!!!

3. realtorterry

your absolutley right john I was living the dream at that moment!!

4. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    where were ya camping at?

5. realtorterry

We go a distance! A place called Shaver Lake. North of Fresno in the mounatins! Just had to get out of the Arizona heat

6. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    i was going to say cuz northern az has been getting a lot of rain lately.......

7. roklimo

roklimo Smoke Blower

Looks great.  Making me hungry...

8. realtorterry

I put some of soflaquer's finishing sauce on it. My wifes uncle who has cooked & judged many competetions immediatley wanted to know where he could get it. Of course I claimed the whole thing [​IMG]

9. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

Great Qview and thanks for going to the extent you did to provide it!  Soflaquer's finishing sauce is excellent!  [​IMG]

10. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now that campsite butt looks great and that sammie is one of the best of the camp grounds I bet. Did you make alot of new friends while you were smoking.

11. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

that looks good, I also bet you made lots of new friends with the smoke rolling though the camp ground

12. realtorterry

Lots of on lookers wondering what the smell was, but I fought them off bravely [​IMG]

13. justpassingthru

justpassingthru Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Good job, nothing like cooking in the outdoors and pp sammies takes it over the top, yes you were living the dream.

Shaver Lake, brings back good memories, since you have driven so far you might want to check out Edison Lake in the same area, it's at the trail head of the John Muir Trail, very beautiful wilderness country, you won't be disappointed.

Gene