Campfire Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
I did a rack of spares while camping along with a pot of pintos and some fried hominy.

I seasoned the ribs with some of my homemade seasoned salt,
then set the ribs on the low-heat side of the fire, turned them often....

After they showed a bit of color, (about 1 hour) I foiled them....

I combined a bit of bbq sauce, dales marinade and a beer and poured it into the foil pouch with the ribs....

Back onto the fire for another 3 or so hours

I removed them from the foil and slow cooked for another hour while I fried my hominy.....

They were tasty along with the fried hominy, pintos, watermelon, tatoe salad and cucs.

Jeanie, you done gone and did it again, now I have a belly growler, and drool down the front of my shirt. my cubicle mates are looking at me all funny like. Can I go camping with you please huh huh pretty please.

lol....thank you Kratz! I'd be happy to take you camping with me.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Looks great jeanie, now thats camp chow...and more...Great job..

Thank you all!

Dang it White Cloud, I forgot the comma.
biggrin.gif

I'm having a heck of a time typing today. lol

Nice, you sure don't skimp because you're camping.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Cowgirl, I just licked the computer screen, and all I got was dust. Yuk! Food looks great!

I must say that I liked the liquid you added to the pouch of ribs - They sure turned out looking great. I don't do that well when camping. Xcellent job!

Jeanie that looks great
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Ya know many times when I go to camp I go to work and my Brother in Law comes up and cooks and my camp food never looks like that. I think you should move closer so you can be the camp cook around there
biggrin.gif

you guys are killing me ( yeah right I just keep coming back for more)
I aam on a diet and looking at those ribs just drove me crazy LOL
THEY LOOK GREAT

Thanks guys! You're all welcome to go camping with me the next time.
biggrin.gif

Ron, I think I do eat better when camping than at home. :)

Goat....lol!

Jack, the beer, Q and dale's sure add a lot of flavor to the ribs, I do not use a q sauce on them while smoking, just the dry rub and marinade.

Deud...I rarely trim my spares, just prefer them whole. Kinda like my briskets.:)

Thank you Pete and CK!
Piney, I think I'd like living in Florida.l
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

White Cloud, you never know about me...lol I like watermelon rind pickles.

Triman, thank you! I'm glad you liked them.
smile.gif

Jeanie... looks great as usual!

Hey, I've got a camping trip coming up weekend after labor day, wanna come cook for us?
biggrin.gif
usually our camp fair isn't anything nearly that good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky