Camp Chef DLX not heating up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stout93

Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
3 year old Camp Check DLX all of a sudden won't heat up. I can see the auger is working as it seems like it is feeding the pellets.

Is this a bad hot rod? However, when I emptied the ash can on the bottom it seems like some of the pellets were lit. What other trouble shooting should I be doing?

Put a handful of pellets into the pot and light them with a torch. All the hot rod does is light the pellets in the beginning, once it's lit the hot rod doesn't do anything. So by lighting them with a torch, you are troubleshooting the rod. If the grill runs once it's lit you need to replace the rod. If it doesn't run once it's lit, you need to replace the whole motherboard. Call Camp Chef they are good about helping out their customers.

Had a hot rod fail on my treager years ago. First thing I noticed was the breaker tripping for the wall outlet. I ended up doing what fork tender said and used it that way until the new rod came in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky