Calling me a noob is an understatement, need MES 140 help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sabin04

Original poster
May 22, 2020
Hey all - New here and new to smoking! Hoping to finally pull the trigger this weekend and be ready to roll by next weekend with a new smoker. I've done some research and there is a lot of great advice. With that said, I think I am going to go with the MES 140 smoker....but which one? Before researching, I had no idea how many options there are. Can somebody help me understand the differences in the below? The academy is the standard MES14 (i think), and the Cabelas is the Adventure series. It looks like the Adventure series might have slightly worse reviews for some reason, and I'm not sure why. Is it the same thing, just labeled different? Please help!

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ma...ctric-smoker-123081613p#repChildCatid=7983038

Last edited:
welcome to smf, really can't help with your question i'm not familiar with them, I do have mes 30 but i'll leave the answers to people who know about that certain model. maybe bearcarver will chime in he knows all about the mes.

Scroll down in this thread. He is the Master of the MES 40

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky