Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Portobello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

john3198

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 2, 2009
Houston, TX
I was poking around yesterday and saw several threads about stuffed mushrooms and even found some about Portobello's.

I love to grill stuffed Portobello's, so why not try the smoker as many of you had done. They are like Fatties - you are only limited by your imagination.

Here's my take on a smoked stuffed Portobello. Thanks to this who have posted on this forum for some nice ideas.

We served it as a side with smoked prime rib last night. Great somkey and meaty flavor and the filling and shrimp were great. Try it!

Wow that looks great. I cook pbellas on the grill frequently but have only smoked them a couple of times. Don't remember what I stuffed them with. Will try this for sure.

Scott

Looks like a great recipe, though you got something wrong, 4 servings?
Only if I make 4 of them, I'm keeping a full cap to myself. Luckily for me most around here don't care for shrooms.

We love the stuffed portabellas around here. I had a sauce that we put on top that would sent this recipe over the top for sure. It's bolsamic vinigar sauce where you add it with dang it but then you drissle it over the top. But I really like the recipe you have given to us and your little tutorial that you have there. I thought I saw it with your prime rib that you did prior.

Tell me about that balsamic vinegar sauce again? Not sure I got it. Thanks.

Worked in a restaurant where the portabello's were marinated in a balsamic and olive oil marinade with lots of seasonings, then grilled like a burger. They were great, not sure I would marinate that heavily before putting on the smoker but a mixture of olive oil, garlic, balsamic and some other herbs drizzled on one afterwards might be pretty good.

That is excellente John.Thanks for sharing this...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I like the idea of a balsamic drizzle - got to think about maybe a balsamic reduction with some EVOO herbs - thyme and oregano maybe, S&P, etc. Will play around with that. Kinda making a balsamic vinagrette.

Doing 3-4 more Sunday.

I just wanted to say thanks to John for this recipe of the Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Portobello. We just finshed eating it along with my first Prime Rib and it was great and thanks again John and the rest of you guys for all the help.

Capt. Jim Lemke
Odessa, Fl

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky