Cajun brined pork butt for Sunday.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
Michigan
Decided to brine a pork butt added some Cajun spice too add some flavor! Plan to rub and let sit overnite and smoke Saturday night until it's done sometime in Sunday. Wood for smoke pecan/mesquite blend smoker temp around 250 then up toward the end of smoke. Unfoiled till the rest as bark rules! Planning on sammies with aged swiss and pulled pork stuffed taters or tater skins. Will be using a simple finishing sauce as well. Here's a pic in the bucket!

110.gif

You know alot of local resturants do cajun meats. They rub them down before smoking/cooking with Zatarans seafood boil.

Its looking good already to me already. Its hard to beat a pork sandwich.

Last edited:
I'll be watching, making me hungry

Gary

You know alot of local resturants do cajun meats. They rub them down before smoking/cooking with Zatarans seafood boil.

Its looking good already to me already. Its hard to beat a pork sandwich.
will you quit giving away my secrets LOL

Finally on the smoker!!! Darn cold out here tonight 7* even colder on Sunday,good luck MSG cheese smoke!!

Alright it's 2* outside butt IT 151* smoker temp 226* opened another vent and kicked to shake off the coals. Time for a snack of fried chix then back to bed!!!

Okay added some charcoal butt IT 165* WSM temp 235* more chix snacks for me and new batteries for the maverick,apparently it's hungry as well[emoji]128540[/emoji]

Okay almost 12 hours in outside temp an awesome -10* factor the wind chill-25*, WSM temp239* butt IT 187*. No recent pics as I don't care to refrigerate the meat we all know lookin ain't cooking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky