Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bassman

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 15, 2007
I hadn't smoked anything in awhile and had these in the freezer just begging to get warmed up. Doing four of them at a time takes a long while to get done, but they're coming along. It's been about 14 1/2 hours since I put them in. Got one out and rested for an hour, two in the cooler and one still in the smoker (foiled). I did two with Hunky rub and two with Jeff's recipe rub. The one I already pulled is one of the Hunky butts and turned out very good. I already know what the other ones taste like and it appears to be a toss up.
noidea.gif

Rubbed and ready.

One butt pulled and partly devoured already.

Thanks for checking out my butt.
sorry.gif

My lord! What kind of an army are you feeding?? That's a load of pork for sure! Looks real good tough.. Great job

My lord! What kind of an army are you feeding?? That's a load of pork for sure! Looks real good tough.. Great job
Actually, it's just my wife and I.  I like to keep the freezer stocked so we can have smoked goodies anytime.  I think next time, I'll only do two as I'd forgotten how long it takes when you load the smoker.

Actually, it's just my wife and I.  I like to keep the freezer stocked so we can have smoked goodies anytime.  I think next time, I'll only do two as I'd forgotten how long it takes when you load the smoker.
This is a good post to show just how long it can take. There's a few new threads out there about people wondering how long to leave a butt or a brisket in. It's hard to convince some people that we aren't boiling eggs here.. Good job again

Great looking smoke Keith - have not seen any of your bread posts for a while though.  I bet some of your sourdough rolls and some of that pork would be awesome. Can ya send me a plate? 

Thanks for the reminder Gary.  I think I need to make a batch of sourdough rolls tomorrow.  I'd better get them started.  Yeah, I'll ship you a plate.
biggrin.gif

Pit4Brains, I still have one butt in the smoker (foiled).  It's at 188° right now.  That's 16 1/2 hours so far.  The remaining two are in the cooler wrapped in towels and soaking up the juice.

icon_cool.gif

Now thats alot of butts for the 2 of you. I always try and keep some inthe freezer too. You never know when some folks will stop in and you need to throw something good on a plate for them to. Now what is that rub that you used there??? I think that I have seen it on here before.

Thanks for all the replies, folks.  Mark, I used Richtee's Mad Hunky for two of them and Jeff's on the other two.  Both good stuff.

Nice looking pp,I wish i could keep some in the freezer.darn family comes over all the time and raids my fridge and freezer looking for goodies!!! But i love em so i let them take whatever they want!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky