Butts are in....smooookinnnn'

Discussion in 'Pork' started by porklvr, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Butts went in at 1100pm, gonna be a long night. I'm really really hoping this thing will hold temp just the way I want so I can get a little sleep and just check it every 2-3 hours.
    QVIEW to follow....sometime tomorrow night (after i enjoy the fruits of my labor of course). Happy smokin' yall....have a great labor day!!

2. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Don't forget Rule #1, Beer is Required to be consumed by anyone operating a smoker...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I think you are the 3rd or 4th person I have heard will be around half the night smoking a range of thing I have a ham Tmetal has a big brisket and now you have the butt pulling up the rear lol.

4. schoolbob

schoolbob Newbie

That's funny; my butt too went on the smoker at 11pm. I hope it is done by 3:00pm tomorrow afternoon!

5. rickw

rickw Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Oh man those all nighters are killer, I hate them. That's one reason I do a couple of smaller butts and not one big one. I NEED my sleep. Hopefully you'll be awake enough to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Putting a couple on in a couple of minutes.

6. Hate them all nighters... As a matter of fact, I don't do them anymore. Hope you have fun and I'm sure your chow will turn out great!!

7. rw willy

rw willy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

never pulled an all nighter at the smoker.
    I wake up and slam coffee. Butt on @ 4ish and dinner is good.

8. farmall

farmall Newbie

I put my butt on this morning about 1;30 ish.

It's looking really good about 10 minutes ago.