Buttermilk Drummetts.

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by bmudd14474, Oct 11, 2009.

1. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

A little market here in town have these drummetts that they got in by mistake so he sold them to me for $.99 a lb. This is the 3rd time doing these. Have done them every weekend so far. I did the 3rd ones last weekend but just now getting to post them. I brined in buttermilk and some of my rub. Pulled them out and coated in rub. Smoked with Hickory and pecan. Smoked at 260 for about a hour. Pulled them and finished on the grill after tossing with some sauce.

Here they are in the brine

Here they are coming out of the smoker

Didnt get a shot of them after the sauce and sear. But this had to be the best batch yet.

Thanks for looking.

2. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks very good and thanks for a easy to make recipe !!!

3. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

no problem. Its a great simple thing for football

4. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    They look great !

5. teeroy

teeroy Smoke Blower

Those look awesome. Did my first wings in the smoker today and now I'm hooked. .99/lb is a great price!!!

Was their salt in that brine or just buttermilk and rub?

6. bmudd14474

There is salt in my rub so I didnt add any beyond that.

$.99 is a steal. The guy told me if I buy a case he will give me a better deal then that.

7. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice Brian, I paid .99 the last time also. They look just like I like them.

I just got a flier for next week from Krogers, 1.99. No thanks, what the heck do they think they are selling? You can find many things better than wings for less than 1.99 a pound.

Must be the football season that's jacking the prices up.

8. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks great Brian. Congratulations on a successful smoke!

9. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Look Great, Congratulations...[​IMG]

10. bmudd14474

Thanks guys. I wish I had some of these today to snack on while the ribs are on the TBS train.

11. omahasmoker

omahasmoker Smoke Blower

you can't find chicken wings let alone drummies for less than $2.19 a pound around here. ground beef is cheaper.

once again, The Man knows my weakness and he is keeping me down. damn the man.

12. morkdach

morkdach Master of the Pit OTBS Member

good job Brian one of my favs. bird legs[​IMG]

13. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great price on some great munching! Look really good, and congratulations on the score.

14. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Tasty looking snack, and love that buttermilk brine! That rub you sent us to use at the Gathering was very tasty. Thank you for sharing that with the group!

[​IMG]