Buttermilk Biscuits

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

abigail4476

Jeff's Woman
Original poster
Jul 3, 2005
Oklahoma
3 c. self-rising flour, sifted
1 1/2 sticks cold butter
3/4 - 1 c. buttermilk
flour
melted butter

Preheat oven to 400. In a large mixing bowl, cut butter into flour with a fork or pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add buttermilk just until a sticky dough is formed.

With floured hands, turn dough out onto a floured surface and pat to 1 " thickness. Cut out biscuits with a floured glass or plastic cup and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes. Brush with melted butter and serve!

Tips for great Biscuits -

* NEVER mix with a mixer or beater
* Handle biscuits gently; pat out with floured hands instead of rolling out with a rolling pin
*Bake in a hot oven
*Cut butter into pats before adding to flour to make it easier to cut in
*Serve pipin' hot with sausage gravy or honey or molasses or all three!!!!

That sounds real good we will have to try them. My wife tells me behind every good man is a good woman, so when do we get your rib rub reciepe.And maybe bbq sauce too. Just asking.

LOL!!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Jeff's (rib rub and sauce) is so good, I've never tried to make anything different....
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky