butterflied bucky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
c0787d20_confucius.jpg

confucius say "you cannot lock up what you cannot catch"
Set traps in a  Food city when butts are on sale..
1d781bf9_doh_homer_simpson-1084.jpg

Do you order a specific cut to get such a small bone in them?? I did two today and the bones where CRAZY huge same shape, just so bit they went almost all the way through the meat!

Do you order a specific cut to get such a small bone in them?? I did two today and the bones where CRAZY huge same shape, just so bit they went almost all the way through the meat!
Was that a Boston Butt (shoulder), or a whole Picnic Shoulder. The Boston Butt is a little more per pound.

thx dutch.......

jojo...........that's how my local market does them.

The ones I get are just like yours and the bones are really a pain to get out

yeah, and I noticed that with the larger bone it is harder to cut them even!! But as a bonus my wifes poodles get the bones...LOL

i will look for one with a big bone to do ...........stay away from the coments!

Reactions: jojo22
wise choice jojo........as for you gary, you just might be the only one exempt since i've given you a good rash-o-chit before.............
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

Last edited:
done curing and time to smoke.........

rinse and into an ice bath for 1 hour.............

f81546a1_IMGP1153.jpg

gotta cut some off for granny who can't have smoke or pepper but she loves her some salted pork.....................

87204d0e_IMGP1154.jpg

all peppered up and into some hickory and maple smoke from the AMNS...............

d681180d_IMGP1157.jpg

after about 6 hrs.....................

2bf71691_IMGP1160.jpg

got almost 14# of smokie goodness...................

8c29fc22_IMGP1161.jpg

time to sleep overnight all sealed up..................sleep well for tomorrow the ninja will strike!

ba8e1452_IMGP1164.jpg

LOL---I love that, "[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]sleep well for tomorrow the ninja will strike!"[/color]

Can't wait to see the slices!

Spread some out, so we can see all the marbled goodness in there too, Please!

Thanks,

Bear

LOL, here ya go bear.................

5effb5a2_IMGP1166.jpg

all packaged up ...................

87169a72_IMGP1171.jpg

and here is where i git my ninjin' skill's uh from................

and 'member........don't go ninjin' nobody don't need ninjin'!

Last edited:
Great lookin' slices---That's exactly what I wanted to see!!!!

Great video too. Did you have to pay the young lady to assist you? 
icon_mrgreen.gif

"Don't go ninjin' nobody don't need ninjin'!"

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky