Butt Why

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

muddy pond

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Muddy Pond Tennessee
Here are a few photos of wifey and I and some of aour butts from start to finish. Please view the end product with a bib or you may cause a short.......
16660e4b_vbattach15421.jpg

145827cf_vbattach15420.jpg

f1d31b48_vbattach15419.jpg

7b1bfafb_vbattach15418.jpg

Awesome 'Q MP! Nice smoker and setup... are you at a festival of some sort?

The festival was a first time Pioneer Day at the Standing Stone Nursing home and Rehab Center. We were the main draw for them and we cooked and sold 250 lbs of BB that day by the sandwich, pound, and the whole Butt.

The pictures of Butts being cooked are on a rainy Tuesday at our normal location in Muddy Pond. Those made about 60 + sandwiches and mumerous pounds and 4 whole Butts sold. They were cooked at 220 for 10 hrs to an internal temp of 190 and held there for 1 hour.

The smoker is a Meadow Creek model 125 and is of the reverse flow varity. It will accomodate 25 ten pound buts or ungodly amount of ribs or chicken. we have cooked a couple of 250 pound hogs sans head and hocks. I would recommend this cooker to anyone interested in doing pit style cooking for a living as we do.

Hello there Muddy Pond, I must say that I'm VERY impressed.That looks soooooooooo good and I should of listened to you about the bib.I lost control of the "Drool" control after the pic's of the butt's smoking. PLEASE keepup with thoose outstanding "Q-View"

Only things that are left over are the dirty racks and ash. I will keep the pics coming as we venture into the winter months and I freeze my butt off.

Great job on the Q, a rewarding experience. I like the fact that you showed a picture of your wife helpng out, it makes it fun when you can share and enjoy smokin' in the great outdoors.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky