Butt Roast with Venison

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

udaviator

Original poster
Oct 9, 2013
Are there any negative effects of smoking pork with venison?  Or any other wild game?  I'm trying to smoke for a party tomorrow evening and wondering if anyone has ever combined meats if you want the same smoke for both?  Thanks all!!

I would put the butt fat side down above the venison and hopefully the fat will baste the venison while smoking. The meats will probably take different amounts of time. Cook each to internal temp you like. I don't know what piece of venison you are cooking but I think it will be done much sooner than the butt.

I trimmed a good portion of the fat off the roast, but was planning on placing the pork on the rack above the venison in the hopes of doing exactly as you posted.  The cut of venison I was going to smoke is just a roast off the hind quarter of the deer.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky